Please register to attend in the audience: 7th BioRiver Boost! 2 October 2020
Register Live stream: Free of charge
Register Regular fee: 50,-€ plus VAT
Register Free attendance: BioRiver member organisation, scientists
Live on stage at Miltenyi Biotec and live streamed:
7th BioRiver Boost! 2020
2 October 2020, 10:00 to 16:00
Live / Live stream
9:30 Registration to the live conference
9:55 Count down for the live stream transmission
10:00 Greeting & motivation speech
Dr. Boris Stoffel, CEO, Miltenyi Biotec B.V. & Co. KG
Dr. Frauke Hangen, managing director, BioRiver e.V.
10:15 Pitch session, part 1
10:15 Introducing of the jury members and to the procedure
10.20 Pitch presentation 1-4, each followed by Q&A
1) ATIVAA: The next gen(e) virus for glioblastoma therapy, Bielefeld
2) PolyGlyco: Glycome-based therapy of age-related neurodegenerative diseases with unmet medical need, Bonn
3) CASC8: Regenerative therapy for Advanced Ischemic Heart Disease, using Cardiac Atrial Appendage Stem Cells, Belgien
4) Ningaloo: We are developing products and processes that will enable our customers to steer bioprocesses with multi-parameter control using light, allowing them to produce new kinds of biopharmaceuticals, Köln
11:55 Coffee break
12:10 Pitch session, part 2
12:10 Pitch presentation 5-8, each followed by Q&A
5) PerAGraft: PerAGraft's vision is to define a new standard of care in the treatment of complex aortic aneurysms and become a global market leader in personalised aortic implants, Aachen
6) Actome: Actome GmbH's analytical technology supports life science research and medical innovations by enabling the precise quantification of proteins and protein interactions in biological samples with hitherto unseen sensitivity and specificity, Freiburg
7) attyloid: Particles count, Düsseldorf
8) Dermanostic: DERMANOSTIC - "Dermatologist by App", offers patients a diagnosis and therapy of their skin changes including a prescription using an app - and this within 24 hours, Düsseldorf
Moderation: Dr. Jürgen Walkenhorst, PROvendis GmbH
13:30 Lunch and networking break
14:00 Reverse pitch session // jury meeting
14:00 Greeting and introduction to the afternoon session
14:05 Reverse Pitches:
Miltenyi Biotec; tbc.
BAYER, Dr. Ralph Herbst, Vice President Cell & Gene Therapy activator
AiCuris Anti-infective Cures GmbH, Dr. Holger Zimmermann, CEO
Antibodies-online, Dr. Andreas Kessell, CEO: Introducing digital marketing
Qiagen, Dr. Kai te Kaat, Vice President, Head of Franchise Oncology: Fighting Covid 19 - projects at Qiagen (working title)
Coparion, Dr. Sebastian Pünzeler, specialist for life sciences: Best practise talk: How we invest in biotech and life sciences (working title)
Moderation: Dr. Anna Heide, Ruhr-IP Patentanwälte
15:35 BioRiver Boost! award ceremony
Summary of the 7th BioRiver Boost! 2020
Presentation of the BioRiver Boost! award to the best life science start-up 2020
BioRiver Boost! jury, chairman, and sponsors: Köln Business Wirtschaftsförderung a.o.
16:00 Closing words
directors of BioRiver e.V.
16:10 End of transmission
7th BioRiver Boost! 2020 is friendly supported by the Ministry of Economics, Innovation, Digitalization and Energy of the State of North-Rhine Westfalia.
BioRiver Boost! 2020 - the jury:
Miltenyi Biotec: Dr. Boris Stoffel
BAYER: Dr. Karl-Heinz Schneider
Eppendorf: Prof. Dr. Michael Rossbach
High-Tech Gründerfonds: Dr. Caroline Fichtner
Lead Discovery Center: Dr. Bert Klebl
LONZA: Dr. Volker Vogel
NRW.Bank: Dr. Marek Kozlowski
QIAGEN: Dr. Bettina Möckel
UCB: Dr. Anna-Lisa Picciolo-Lehrke
We thank our sponsors for their contribution!
Host: Miltenyi Biotec
Platin: Köln Business Wirtschaftsförderungs GmbH
Gold: Landeshauptstadt Düsseldorf
Gold: Ruhr-IP Patentanwälte
Please see all sponsors below.
10 - 17, LifeScienceCenter, Merowingerplatz 1, Düsseldorf
Coaches: Nicole Klingen, Kluba Medicals GmbH (founder, consulting, financing), Dr. Jörg Vollmer, Abalos Therapeutics GmbH (biotech expert, management, international corporates), Uwe Wäckers, VCI NRW (presentation, communication, networking).
BioRiver Boost! 2020 pitch training is part of Start-Up Woche Düsseldorf
Top 8 applications are invited to pitch in front of a jury of renowned experts.
The best over-all concept, including the presentation, will be awarded as BioRiver Boost! 2020 winner. Your prize is a half-day workshop for your team with our experienced biotech CEOs
together with a one-year free membership at BioRiver. Further prizes go to 2nd and 3rd. The BioRiver Boost! jury gives dedicated and precise feedback to all 8 finalists.
Fields of innovation are presented by the industry in reverse pitches.
BioRiver Boost! 2020 is a hybrid conference, if you have any questions regarding this point we are happy to assist.
We thank Miltenyi Biotec B.V, & Co. KG for kindly hosting BioRiver Boost! 2020. Adress and Travelling: Miltenyi Biotec, Friedrich-Ebert-Str. 58, Bergisch Gladbach. If you want to learn about the Miltenyi Biotec
Acus Laboratories GmbH, Köln: Target deconvolution services and innovative drug target discoveries
Cherrykukess i.Gr., Düsseldorf: New Cancer Therapies
Prosion i.Gr., Köln: Chemical Toolkit for Making the Undruggable Druggable
Foto (rights: BioRiver, fotograf: Lauter)
Special price to Bex-Biotec GmbH & Co. KG, Münster: Bio-Engineering eXperts - We are the plant treatment evaluating accelerator
BlackDrop Biodrucker GmbH, Aachen
Sphairlab GmbH, Aachen
Priavoid GmbH, Jülich
Bildrechte: BioRiver e.V., Fotograf: Bernd Lauter