BioRiver Boost! is a vivid start-up competition for life sciences and biotechnology initiated and realized by the BioRiver association.
We invite start-up and project applications from North-Rhine Westphalia, Germany and the European countries, in innovative medicine, new therapeutics, diagnostics, medical technologies, enabling technologies, digital solutions, the life sciences industry in general.
To evaluate the most promising project international corporates and institutional investors work together in the BioRiver Boost! jury. They are committed to support the projects and the people behind the projects with their professional advice.
BioRiver Boost! is the "industry award" by experienced entrepreneurs and industry experts in life sciences and biotech. Representing the BioRiver Boost! jury they will give insights and feedback on the strengths and potentials of your start-up.
By pitching your start-up to the jury and the audience you start building a strong connection to leading biotech firms and relevant stake-holders of the industry in the dynamic biocluster of BioRiver.
The best start-up is awarded with the BioRiver Boost! price together with a one-day coaching by industry experts from the BioRiver network and a one-year-membership in the BioRiver association. Former winners and finalists can be found here.
1. Please fill in the online application form and send until 24. August 2021
2. Your application will be checked by the BioRiver office to avoid that facts are misunderstanding or missing.
3. The jury will evaluate all applications according to the following criteria: Product and customer benefit, technology, market potentical, team, advisory, achievements, financing concept
4. Based on the voting of all jury members the finalists for the BioRiver Boost! 2021 are selected and informed ca. 15 September 2021.
5. We plan to have a pitchtraining for the finalists ca. 22 September 2021
6. As one of the 8 best applications you will be invited to pitch as finalist live on stage to the jury, the audience and the virtual audience on 1 October 2021. For the finalists it is mandantory to participate in person, unless it is impossible due to Corona- or other regulations.
7. The jury chooses the 3 best start-ups based on their application and presentation. While the jury decides which start-ups will earn this honour an exciting reverse pitch session with speakers from the life science industry will take place.
8. The BioRiver Boost! event ends with the award ceremony, where the best start-up is awarded with the BioRiver Boost! award. The best three start-ups will receive a voucher for an individual one day coaching by experienced life science managers and experts from the BioRiver network.
9. During the breaks there is time to connect with the jury members, the reverse pitch speakers and the other participants.
10. A press release and posts after the event contribute to the visibility of the winning teams.