BioRiver Boost! is our offer to young life science founders, start-ups and scientific research projects to get support, gain visibility and become part of the valuable life science network of BioRiver. Senior managers from established companies and investors will become insight into brand new life science innovations and founding projects at an early stage of company development.
Herewith we cordially invite you to this year's BioRiver Boost! 2019 – conclusion. We celebrate the best life science founding projects and start-ups of 2019 on 15 October at the Miltenyi Biotec GmbH headquarter in Bergisch Gladbach.
You can expect
- High quality pitch presentations of 8 exciting life science start-ups
- Q&A sessions, following on every pitch, with the professional expertise of the jury
- The BioRiver award ceremony and celebration of the BioRiver Boost! 2019 winners.
- Insight into the innovation fields of 4 leading life science corporates that can become partner and customer
- Insight into the plans of the federal ministry of economics regarding the billion investments for structural development
- Easy matchmaking with your favorite start-up and general networking
- Being part of the BioRiver innovation network
With the 6th BioRiver Boost! – Presentation of the Finalists we bring together young life science founders and the jury of respected experts of global life science corporates and investors. You will experience 8 exciting start-ups from and for the life science industry. The start-up’s business fields will cover the areas of medical research and pharmaceutical development, medical technology, diagnostics, digital health solutions and plants. The majority of submitted projects originate in the Rhineland area. The jury is realized by BAYER, Qiagen, Miltenyi Biotec, UCB Pharma, NRW.BANK und High-Tech Gründerfonds. Head of the jury is Dr. Jürgen Schumacher, Business Angel, founder of Qiagen and several further life science companies.
The 1.BioRiver Boost! – Reverse pitch will give insight into the strategic plans of the life science industry (Bayer, Eppendorf, Miltenyi Biotec, Qiagen) and the staff officer of the department Rheinisches Revier at the ministry of economic affairs of North-Rhine Westfalia. They will present challenges that offer new options to SMEs, start-ups and scientists.
Date: Tuesday, 15 October 2019
Venue: Skydome at the Miltenyi Biotec GmbH - headquarter, Friedrich-Ebert-Str. 68, 51429 Bergisch-Gladbach
10:45 Reverse Pitch Session
1. Dr. John-Edward Butler-Ransohoff, Pharmaceutical Division, Strategic Projects Open Innovation, Bayer AG
2. Dr. Sven Bülow, Head of Corporate Innovation, Eppendorf AG
3. Alexandra Landsberg, Leiterin der Stabsstelle „Strukturwandel Rheinisches Revier“
Ministerium Wirtschaft, Innovation, Digitalisierung und Energie des Landes Nordrhein-Westfalen
4. Dr. Boris Stoffel, Geschäftsführer, Miltenyi Biotec GmbH
12:30 Lunch break and networking
14:00 Welcome and introduction of the jury
1. Dr. Karl-Heinz Schneider, Bayer
2. Dr. Bettina Möckel, Qiagen
3. Dr. Boris Stoffel, Miltenyi Biotec
4. Dr. Anna-Lisa Picciolo-Lehrke, UCB Pharma
5. Dr. Marek Kozlowski, NRW.Bank
6. Dr. Martin Pfister, High-Tech Gründerfonds
7. Dr. Jürgen Schumacher / Dr. Oliver Dick, BioRiver e.V.
14:15 Pitch Presentation of the Finalists (1-4)
15:30 Coffee break and networking
16:00 Pitch Presentation of the Finalists (5-8)
17:30 Appointment of the 3 winners of the BioRiver Boost! 2019
17:45 BioRiver Boost! 2019 - Award Ceremony
Announcement of the BioRiver Boost! 2020 - venue
18:00 Get-together and networking
free BioRiver-members, founders (under 5 FTE)
30,-€ regular (incl. MwSt.)
Make yourself visible in the viable start-up scene and large BioRiver network as a sponsor and support our marketing and start-up support-services.
Bildrechte: BioRiver e.V., Fotograf: Bernd Lauter